Saturday, February 7, 2009

Won Ton Soup Recipe

So I'm making this right now, WonTon Soup. Delicious, delightful dumplings! You want the recipe, here we go

WonTon Soup - straight from my kitchen!

250g packet of fresh WonTon wrappers
2 litres stock ( you make it how you like it)
500g chicken mince
1 egg
chilli sauce
soy sauce

So add your stock to the pot, add the chilli sauce and soy sauce (I don't measure, add how much you like) Bring to the boil.

While you are waiting for the soup to boil, make the little dumplings. Put the chicken mince in a bowl with the egg and mix until combined with a fork. Lay the wrappers out on the bench and put about 1 -2 teaspoon of the chicken on each.

Now for the tricky bit, have a small bowl of water to dip your finger in here. Wet 2 sides of the dumpling with your finger, then fold over diagonal to form a triangle. Now bring the 2 points up to the middle, twist a little forming a little dumpling.


Okay, so the soup is boiling, add those dumplings and let cook for 20-25 minutes. They will smell awesome.

Ladel some out and eat, no time to add pretty embelishments.

8 comments:

Angela said...

That looks SO delicious! I would have never tried to make them but you made it look very easy. I might have to give it a try now.

LittleSpots said...

What is chicken mince? Like ground chicken?

I may just have to try this myself.

Almay Alday said...

Yum!! I love dumplings! I love wonton soup! Thanks for the recipe!

"Just jen" said...

OMG... I love these things and so do my kids. The first time I open your blog and this is what I see.. How about that!

"Just jen" said...

OMG... I love these things and so do my kids. The first time I open your blog and this is what I see.. How about that!

Mountain Mama Chic said...

I love to make soups of all kinds, but I've never even thought of tackling this until I saw your post. Thanks!

giftboxology said...

oh i'm so going to try this. you make it look very easy christine.

giftboxology said...

looks delicious christine, i might have to give these a go.
i've always wanted to buy the wonton wrappers but never known what to do with them.